This Advanced Brain Support Formula Features:
Synapsa™ Natural Memory Support is a patented, standardized form of Bacopa monnieri that has been the subject of more than 35 years of clinical study.
a-GPC is essential for healthy cell function, contains no fatty acids and easily passes the blood-brain barrier. Those characteristics make it an excellent carrier for delivery of beneficial nutrients and choline to the brain.
Scientific research has associated GPC itself with tissue growth and renewal, mental focus and recall, and recovery from stroke or circulatory injury.
Nutrition product manufacturers and wholesalers rely on ALC's wide variety of a-GPC products for liquid formulations, dietary supplements, beverages, hard shell capsules, gel caps and capsules. Fractionations range from 50% to pure a-GPC.
Visit our products page for details about each.
Health benefits cited in scientific literature include:
• A vital role in tissue growth and renewal, organ vitality, reproduction and mind-body integration
• Significantly benefits attention, mental focus, recall and cognition
• Benefits that defend against memory decline caused by poor brain circulation or Alzheimer's disease
• Valuable for brain recovery after stroke or circulatory injury
• Can revitalize master hormone functions
PS is a beneficial phospholipid present in all cellular membranes (primarily in their inner layer). More heavily concentrated in the brain and nerves, PS is important to many cellular functions as well as cell structure.
For example, PS helps modulate the activity of receptors, enzymes, ion channels and signaling molecules. For makers of nutritional products, this translates to improved exercise capacity, increased neurotransmitter release in the brain, reversed age-associated nerve cell dendrite loss and increased brain glucose levels.
ALCOLEC® PS products are derived from soy and run no risk of contamination with any kind of prion (protein particles associated with brain diseases). They are available with 20%, 50% and 70% PS compositions.
Health benefits cited in scientific literature include:
• Improved exercise capacity
• Increased neurotransmitter release in the brain
• Reversed age-associated nerve cell dendrite loss
• Increased brain glucose level:
— Improved memory
— Shorter reaction time
— Better hand-eye coordination
— Higher stress resistance
— Mood improvement
FDA qualified health claims for phosphatidylserine (PS):
• Consumption of phosphatidylserine may reduce the risk of dementia in the elderly
• Consumption of phosphatidylserine may reduce the risk of cognitive dysfunction in the elderly
Relevant Studies for the ‘Peak Performance’ Demographic
The patented, standardized Synapsa extract has been the focus of seven ‘foundational’ clinical trials and six ‘targeted’ clinical trials over the last thirty-five years. The most intriguing studies include:
Stough, 2001 showed a statistically significant improvement in speed of visual information processing, learning rate and memory consolidation in subjects 18-60 years of age consuming 300 mg/day Synapsa. A statistically significant reduction in the rate of forgetting was also observed.
Roodenrys, 2002 conducted a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled 12-week trial that demonstrated a significant effect of Synapsa (300mg/d) on the retention of new information by participants 40-65 years of age.
Stough, 2008 conducted a randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled 90-day study with 62 participants, ages 18-60, consuming 300 mg/day. Synapsa showed a statistically significant improvement in working memory, visual information processing (sustained attention) and accuracy in complex cognitive tasks.
Downey, 2012 studied two different doses (320 mg/640 mg) in a study on sustained cognitive performance, examining the acute (short term) effect of Synapsa in healthy adult subjects. Significantly improved performance was seen in faster information processing and improved decision-making time in a multitasking environment.
The Synapsa Claims Dossier
To support commercialization efforts for our Synapsa™ Natural Memory Support ingredient, PLT has developed a comprehensive claims dossier in conjunction with a third-party reviewer focused on claims support and scientific communications to provide an impartial review of the validity of the science supporting Synapsa claims.
The Synapsa Claims Dossier includes a comprehensive list of potential/proposed claims, a legal executive summary and in-depth reviews of how the claims can be supported by the data. In the case of Synapsa, these include ‘chronic’ claims – that cover long-term use of the ingredient, ‘acute’ claims that are based around short-term, experiential use of the ingredient and general claims in the area of cognitive health. The Comprehensive List of Claims in the new dossier includes in-depth reviews on supporting 19 different potential claims for consumer products that contain or feature Synapsa
Two types of use supported by studies
Studies show support for two distinct types of benefit from Synapsa Natural Memory Support: daily, long-term use (chronic) to enhance learning and memory, and short-term use (acute) to improve mental performance in cognitively demanding environments such as test-taking. In addition, the majority of studies behind Synapsa have been conducted on healthy adult subjects between 18-65. From a market standpoint, in the United States today, more than 120 million people are considered knowledge workers who use cognitive skills as a daily part of their jobs. In addition, recent estimates of college students range upwards of 21 million. Both groups are good targets for new formulations based on Synapsa, along with any consumers looking for support for learning, memory and mental performance.</p>
What is Synapsa?
Synapsa Natural Memory Support is a unique, standardized extract of Bacopa monnieri, with a wide range of active constituents that contribute to its therapeutic properties. Bacopa monnieri (also known as brahmi) is an herb that has been used in traditional Ayurvedic medicine for centuries.
Today’s proprietary Synapsa ingredient is based on a patented extraction process that follows an exacting farming and manufacturing process to ensure a standardized level of quality – since each step of this process can influence the final product’s complex phytochemical profile and therapeutic action. Putting farming & manufacturing controls in place across each step allows for consistency of the entire product & results in a product that can be clinically studied
You may also like
100 Billion Probiotic ( Synbiotic) SURVIVES STOMACH ACID • SHELF STABLE • 12 STRAINS
Bifidobacterium lactis Bl-04
Lactobacilli acidophilus La-14
Bifidobacterium infantis Bi-26
Lactococcus lactis Ll-23
Bifidobacterium breve Bb-03
Lactobacillus casei Lc-11
Lactobacillus rhamnosus Lr-32
Bifidobacterium longum Bl-05
Bifidobacterium bifidum Bb-06
Lactobacillus salivarius Ls-33
Lactobacillus plantarum Lp-115
Lactobacillus bulgaricus Lb-87
Product # 654: 100 Billion Probiotic
In addition to serving as a delivery system for the absorption of nutrients and the elimination of waste material, the intestinal tract also plays important roles in maintaining healthy immunity and providing resistance to pathogens. The GI tract is populated by billions of cells of beneficial bacteria (probiotics) which help us digest and absorb our food, maintain a healthy intestinal pH (acid content), protect us from pathogenic bacteria, and provide an environment conducive to the continued health of the intestinal tract.* This formula offers a very high potency of powerful probiotics that can effectively intervene in acute gastrointestinal and immune conditions and or help support long-term intestinal health.*
- 12 probiotic strains from Danisco, a world leader in probiotic research and manufacturing.
- Very high potency at 100 billion viable cells per capsule.
- Bioenhanced Acid Resistant Strains (BEARS) ensures survivability in both low
(acid) and high (alkaline) pH environments.
- The BEARS strains in this formula are designed to withstand the acid conditions present in the stomach during digestion without the need for an enteric coating.
- Danisco selects strains that have been cultivated under harsh conditions, and have developed the ability to adapt to extreme changes in the environment (“survival of the fittest”) i.e. pH, temperature.
- Probiotic strains are manufactured using a patented poly matrix preservation system, to preserve and ensure stability without the need for refrigeration.
- The prebiotic blend consists of FOS (food source for probiotics), and FiberAid®arabinogalactans (patented prebiotic from Lonza® that helps support the growth of probiotics).
- The 12 strains used in this formula have been studied for their ability to support gastrointestinal and immune health.*
- High potency formula helps to quickly reestablish healthy levels of probiotics in the GI tract.*
- Once established, a normal, healthy intestinal microflora helps to create an environment that is unfavorable for the growth of pathogenic bacteria.*
- Helps stimulate the growth of probiotics which have been diminished by the use of antibiotics.*