On all orders over $49.95 in
the continental U.S.
World Wide Shipping
Our customers are
Need Help? +805 314 2347
We are here to help
Money Back Guarantee
Your Satisfaction is Our
Folic acid is one of the B-complex vitamins. This essential nutrient is known for its ability to prevent neural tube (precursor to the brain and spinal cord) birth defects in pregnant women who consume adequate amounts (400 mcg or >). Folic acid is also essential for the metabolism of homocysteine and other important metabolic processes.
- Provides 800 mcg of folic acid per tablet.
- Includes 25 mcg of vitamin B12.
- Easy to swallow, small-sized tablet.
- Folic acid is essential for the synthesis of DNA and therefore normal, healthy cell division. This function is vital to the prevention of neural tube birth defects where abnormal cell division occurs.†
- Folic acid, along with vitamin B12 is required for the metabolism of homocysteine to methionine. When elevated, homocysteine may increase the risk of cardiovascular disease.†
- Methionine is a precursor to S-adenosylmethionine which serves as a cofactor for over 100 metabolic reactions in the body including the production of neurotransmitters and the support of normal, healthy liver detoxification.†
- Vitamin B12 is an essential synergistic nutrient to folic acid. Without B12, folic acid cannot convert homocysteine to methionine. B12 is also required for DNA synthesis and cell division.†