Melatonin is a hormone that is secreted by a part of the brain called the pineal gland. The synthesis of melatonin begins with L-tryptophan which is converted into 5–HTP then to serotonin and then to melatonin. Production of melatonin is under the influence of part of the brain known as the hypothalamus. The hypothalamus receives information from the retina of the eye, about the daily patterns of light and dark. The result is the production of physiological and behavioral circadian rhythms. These circadian rhythms help control various functions in the body including the wake/sleep cycle.* The amount of melatonin produced varies; synthesis is increased in the dark and decreased in the light. As darkness approaches, melatonin production increases, helping prepare the body for sleep. Studies show that supplemental melatonin may help support a normal sleep cycle, help fight jet-lag and in higher amounts provide antioxidant support.*
- Non-animal source, as this is preferable to a bovine extract which is not as safe as it would typically be derived from bovine brain tissue. Bovine brain tissue is a BSE (Mad Cow Disease) risk.
- Pharmaceutical grade Melatonin
- Synergized with 10 mg of B6 for proper utilization
- Melatonin is a hormone secreted by the pineal gland when it is dark and has been shown to support a healthy sleep cycle especially in individuals who may have difficulty sleeping.*
- Melatonin is also a powerful antioxidant helping to neutralize several different types of free radicals such as the damaging hydroxyl radical, hydrogen peroxide, singlet oxygen and peroxynitrite.*
- Melatonin helps support normal, healthy neurological and cardiovascular function.
- It also plays a role in supporting normal, healthy immune function.*
- B6 plays an important role in the endogenous production of melatonin within the body.
NOTE WARNING on label: Use only at bedtime. Not for use by children under 18 years. If pregnant or using a prescription drug, consult a health care professional. Do not take this product if you suffer from an autoimmune disease, depression, diabetes, endocrine disorder or thyroid condition. Do not use this product while operating a motorized vehicle or heavy machinery.
You may also like
100 Billion Probiotic ( Synbiotic) SURVIVES STOMACH ACID • SHELF STABLE • 12 STRAINS
Bifidobacterium lactis Bl-04
Lactobacilli acidophilus La-14
Bifidobacterium infantis Bi-26
Lactococcus lactis Ll-23
Bifidobacterium breve Bb-03
Lactobacillus casei Lc-11
Lactobacillus rhamnosus Lr-32
Bifidobacterium longum Bl-05
Bifidobacterium bifidum Bb-06
Lactobacillus salivarius Ls-33
Lactobacillus plantarum Lp-115
Lactobacillus bulgaricus Lb-87
Product # 654: 100 Billion Probiotic
In addition to serving as a delivery system for the absorption of nutrients and the elimination of waste material, the intestinal tract also plays important roles in maintaining healthy immunity and providing resistance to pathogens. The GI tract is populated by billions of cells of beneficial bacteria (probiotics) which help us digest and absorb our food, maintain a healthy intestinal pH (acid content), protect us from pathogenic bacteria, and provide an environment conducive to the continued health of the intestinal tract.* This formula offers a very high potency of powerful probiotics that can effectively intervene in acute gastrointestinal and immune conditions and or help support long-term intestinal health.*
- 12 probiotic strains from Danisco, a world leader in probiotic research and manufacturing.
- Very high potency at 100 billion viable cells per capsule.
- Bioenhanced Acid Resistant Strains (BEARS) ensures survivability in both low
(acid) and high (alkaline) pH environments.
- The BEARS strains in this formula are designed to withstand the acid conditions present in the stomach during digestion without the need for an enteric coating.
- Danisco selects strains that have been cultivated under harsh conditions, and have developed the ability to adapt to extreme changes in the environment (“survival of the fittest”) i.e. pH, temperature.
- Probiotic strains are manufactured using a patented poly matrix preservation system, to preserve and ensure stability without the need for refrigeration.
- The prebiotic blend consists of FOS (food source for probiotics), and FiberAid®arabinogalactans (patented prebiotic from Lonza® that helps support the growth of probiotics).
- The 12 strains used in this formula have been studied for their ability to support gastrointestinal and immune health.*
- High potency formula helps to quickly reestablish healthy levels of probiotics in the GI tract.*
- Once established, a normal, healthy intestinal microflora helps to create an environment that is unfavorable for the growth of pathogenic bacteria.*
- Helps stimulate the growth of probiotics which have been diminished by the use of antibiotics.*
Produced in GMP
Save & Secure Checkout