In today’s fast-paced world, it is paramount for the body and mind to be able to relax and “recharge”. Relaxation Support is formulated to encourage relaxation without causing drowsiness. The synergistic ingredients in this formula work in ways that help the body “let go” of tension and anxiety without causing drowsiness. The primary ingredients in this formula Suntheanine® and Relora® are backed by scientific research and have been shown to be safe and effective without causing drowsiness.†
- Suntheanine® brand of L-Theanine; a “calming” amino acid found in green tea.
- Relora® is a trademarked, proprietary blend of two herbs (magnolia and phellodendron).
- Contains synergistic herbs chamomile, oat straw and melissa (lemon balm).
- Valerian, scullcap, hops and passionflower are provided in small doses for their synergistic effects.
- Magnesium is an important mineral for supporting relaxation, including that of muscles which are often tense during times of physical and emotional stress.†
- Studies show Suntheanine® helps support normal alpha brain wave activity. Alpha brain waves promote a state of relaxation without causing drowsiness.†
- Suntheanine® helps to counteract feelings of anxiety by promoting a sense of “well-being”.†
- Relora® has been shown to support healthy levels of the stress hormone cortisol.† Healthy cortisol levels reflect a normal, healthy response to stress. Relora helps control stress related overeating, and associated body weight issues.†
- Relora® has also been shown to help support healthy sleep patterns.†
- Valerian has been shown to promote relaxation as well as a restful sleep.†
- Scullcap, hops and passionflower provide a significant synergistic effect by helping to promote relaxation.†
Relora also helps support emotional well-being and diminish stress-related sugary cravings to promote healthy eating habits.*
L-Theanine is a relaxing and nondietary amino acid found pretty much exclusively in teas from Camellia sinensis (alongside green tea catechins and caffeine) and is known to promote relaxation without sedation. Researchers in Japan gave volunteers 200 mg of L-theanine daily and recorded their sleep patterns on devices worn around their wrists. The L-theanine didn't cause the subjects to sleep longer, but it did cause them to sleep better. It was documented that sleep quality, recovery from exhaustion, and refreshed feelings were all enhanced by L-theanine. Those taking L-theanine felt like they slept longer than they actually did.21 This is good news for people who don't get enough sleep, or those who want to sleep less and do more.
Today, chamomile is used as a dietary supplement for sleeplessness, anxiety, and gastrointestinal conditions such as upset stomach, gas, and diarrhea.
Some preliminary studies suggest that a chamomile dietary supplement might be helpful for generalized anxiety disorder.
Chamomile, whether in tea, tincture or essential oil form, is one the best medicinal herbs for fighting stress and promoting relaxation, according to research from Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine and Pharmacognosy Review.
Hops is a plant. The dried, flowering part of the plant is used to make medicine.Hops is used for anxiety, inability to sleep (insomnia) and other sleep disorders, restlessness, tension, excitability, attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), nervousness, and irritability.