Astaxanthin is one of nature’s most powerful antioxidants. It neutralizes free radicals much more effectively than common antioxidant nutrients such as Vitamins C, E, and beta-carotene. Astaxanthin significantly outperforms many botanically sourced antioxidants such as resveratrol, curcumin, quercetin, alpha lipoic acid, and other carotenoids (lutein, lycopene, and fucoxanthin). Astaxanthin is the pink-colored carotenoid abundantly present in pink salmon, lobsters, crabs, shrimp, krill, micro algae, and many other marine animals, where its antioxidant properties help the organisms battle the daily effects of normal metabolism and environmental stresses. When taken as a supplement, Astaxanthin helps to protect virtually every part of the human body from oxidative damage.†
- Higher Potency at 12mg of Astaxanthin per Vegetarian Capsule
- USDA Organic and VEGAN Certified
- 12 mg AstaPure® brand Astaxanthin extract from the micro algae, Haematococcus pluvialis.
- Free of the major food allergens – Contains No sugar, dairy, wheat, gluten, eggs, peanuts, soy, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, sesame, preservatives, artificial colors or flavors.
- Whole Food, Non GMO, Simple and Clean Excipients
- Provides a powerful Antioxidant Protection for Eyes, Skin and Cardiovascular System.†
- AstaPure® brand Astaxanthin supplies a naturally occurring complex from the whole algae discovered to have, in addition to the superb Astaxanthin highly potent activity as an antioxidant, a mitochondrial function benefit.†
- 6,000 times more effective at neutralizing singlet oxygen free radical than Vitamin C, Astaxanthin helps inhibit the formation of lipid peroxide free radicals.
- Helps to isolate lipid peroxides within the phospholipid membrane of cells, which preserves their structure and function.†
- Helps prevent oxidative damage to the eyes, central nervous system, skin, cardiovascular system, and many other tissues.†
- Supports skin health by helping to prevent UV oxidative damage to skin cells.†
- Helps increase cholesterol and lipid metabolism in liver cells.†
USP Certificate of Analysis