MSM is a naturally occurring compound which contains sulfur and methyl (CH3) groups.
MSM is involved in a variety of biological functions, including the maintenance of collagen integrity, and it nutritionally supports the formation of healthy connective tissue, particularly that of the joints. MSM also helps support healthy hair, skin and nails. OptiMSM® is the highest quality, purest and most widely used form of MSM in the dietary supplement industry.*
- OptiMSM® is a proprietary form of U.S.A.-made methylsulfonylmethane. It is the purest form available and exceeds all customer specifications in this area. Every batch is tested for water content, residual DMSO and also heavy metals which are important under California Prop 65
- Every batch is made in an US-based single-purpose facility in Vancouver, WA. This eliminates the potential for cross-contamination and reduces the chance of impurities.
- OptiMSM® is distilled for purity compared to other forms which use other less effective means to eliminate impurities (typically crystallization).
- Only OptiMSM® has built the market for this material in the last 5 years. All of the important published safety and efficacy studies have been funded by Bergstrom Nutrition.
- OptiMSM® as a sulfur containing compound has been shown in several peer-reviewed studies to help support the structure of joint tissue. This stability allows for improved joint function.*
- OptiMSM® by supplying needed sulfur, helps improve the overall health of joints, including the support of a normal, healthy inflammatory response.*
- OptiMSM® helps support healthy liver detoxification, helping the body get rid of potential toxins.*
- Clinical studies show OptiMSM® helps support a healthy immune response to environmental allergens.*