Selenium is an essential trace mineral that is required for many important biochemical functions in the body. In humans, selenium functions as a coenzyme for the antioxidant enzyme glutathione peroxidase.
Glutathione peroxidase helps neutralize harmful peroxide free radicals. Selenium also plays an important role in the production of thyroid hormones. Selenium is a coenzyme for the enzymes which are responsible for the synthesis of thyroid hormones. These enzymes are important for the regulation of basal metabolic rate (resting metabolic rate-rate at which you burn calories). Studies show Selenium helps support the body’s antioxidant defenses and contributes to the growth of normal, healthy cells.*
- Provides 200 mcg of Selenium.
- FDA has approved health claims for selenium that indicate it may be helpful in preventing certain cancers.
- Provides a well absorbed, highly bioavailable form of this important trace mineral.
- Studies show selenium works synergistically with vitamin E to provide antioxidant support helping protect healthy cells, particularly red blood cells from free radical damage.*
- The broad composition of seleno compounds increases the absorption and bioavailability.
- Selenium helps support the functioning of the powerful antioxidant enzyme glutathione peroxidase (GPX). GPX helps neutralize damaging peroxide radicals, which can potentially cause damage to healthy cells and their DNA.*
- Studies show a high intake of selenium helps support a healthy prostate by promoting normal, healthy prostate cell growth.*
- Adequate intake of selenium helps support normal, healthy thyroid function and a healthy metabolism.*
- Some scientific evidence suggests that consumption of selenium may reduce the risk of certain forms of cancer.* However, the FDA has determined that this evidence is limited and inconclusive.
FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION STATEMENT
The statements made within this website have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. These statements and the products of this company are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Please consult your physician before implementing any new diet, exercise and dietary supplement programs, especially if you have preexisting medical conditions or are taking prescribed medications. The statements made on this website are for educational purposes only and are not meant to replace the advice of your physician or healthcare provider.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.