On all orders over $49.95 in
the continental U.S.
World Wide Shipping
Our customers are
Need Help? +805 314 2347
We are here to help
Money Back Guarantee
Your Satisfaction is Our
Ingredients: Selenium (from high selenium yeast), Dicalcium phosphate, cellulose, vegetable stearin, cellulose gum, silica and magnesium stearate
Selenium is an essential trace mineral that is required for many important biochemical functions in the body. In humans, selenium functions as a coenzyme for the antioxidant enzyme glutathione peroxidase. Glutathione peroxidase helps neutralize harmful peroxide free radicals. Selenium also plays an important role in the production of thyroid hormones. Selenium is a coenzyme for the enzymes which are responsible for the synthesis of thyroid hormones. These enzymes are important for the regulation of basal metabolic rate (resting metabolic rate-rate at which you burn calories)
• Provides 100 mcg of selenium.
• Natural form of selenium in 100% organically bound form. Yeast converts inorganic (low bioavailability) forms of selenium into organic (high bioavailability) forms.
• FDA has approved health claims for selenium that indicate it may be helpful in preventing certain cancers.
• Provides a well-absorbed, highly bioavailable form of this important trace mineral.
• Studies show selenium works synergistically with vitamin E to provide antioxidant support helping protect healthy cells, particularly red blood cells from free radical damage.*
• Selenium helps support the functioning of the powerful antioxidant enzyme glutathione peroxidase (GPX). GPX helps neutralize damaging peroxide radicals, which can potentially cause damage to healthy cells and their DNA.*
• Studies show a high intake of selenium helps support a healthy prostate by promoting normal, healthy prostate cell growth.*
• Adequate intake of selenium helps support normal, healthy thyroid function and a healthy metabolism.*
• Some scientific evidence suggests that consumption of selenium may reduce the risk of certain forms of cancer.* However, the FDA has determined that this evidence is limited and inconclusive.