Passion Flower Tincture - ( Organic Passiflora incarnata) - 1:3 Herb Strength Ratio
Couldn't load pickup availability
Passion flower (Passiflora incarnata) is a climbing vine native to Central & South America, and Southeastern United States. Traditionally, Native Americans used Passionflower as a sedative. Spanish explorers in South America learned the benefits and uses of Passionflower, brought it back to Europe, was introduced to European Folk medicine, and was widely cultivated. Passion Flower uses include: for ADHD, cardiac rhythm abnormalities, generalized/non-specific anxiety, gastrointestinal (GI) upset, insomnia, and nervousness/excitability. The Flowers, leaves, shoots, and stems are the parts typically used from Passion Flower.
- Passion Flower contains an abundance of Phytochemicals such as: Apigenin, flavonoids, kaempferol, quercetin, rutin, vitexin, etc.
- Passion Flower is typically known to be beneficial for helping with anxiety and promoting calmness. Its know to have a depressant effect on the central nervous system and helping lower blood pressure. Higher amounts of stress typically correlate with higher blood pressure.
- Passion Flower is known to be a source of Chrysin, an antioxidant. Chrysin typically can help the body conserve more of its own testosterone already in the body, but not help promote boost testosterone levels.
- Chrysin found in Passion Flower also can affect arterial lining by helping relax the blood vessels, which in term can reduce blood pressure. It also can inhibit chemical reactions that cause nausea & vomiting from drug withdrawal.
- Research has shown that the compounds found in Passion Flower occupy the same receptor sites in the brain that benzodiazepine drugs such as Valium, but with less drowsiness.
- The specific Alkaloids Harmane and harmaline in Passion Flower, have been found to exhibit Monoamine Oxidase (MAO) inhibitor-like effects, a category of prescription medication used for depression and other disorders.
Suggested Use: 30 drops (1mL) in water or juice, 1-3 times daily, or as needed.