Product # 624: Zinc Lozenges 15mg
Zinc is an essential mineral that plays a major role in growth, reproduction, antioxidant defenses and healthy immune function. Zinc is a critical nutrient for the immune system. The normal, healthy development of immune cells, particularly T-lymphocytes depends upon adequate zinc status. Zinc deficiency has been shown to reduce the physical size of the thymus gland; it is here where T cells mature to become fully functional mature T-lymphocytes. These cells are critical for a healthy immune response. Provided as a lozenge, zinc gluconate has been shown to reduce the severity and duration of the common cold, as well as reduce antibiotic use in school-age children with a cold.*
- Provides 15 mg of zinc citrate and gluconate per lozenge.
- Contains slippery elm and propolis to soothe the throat.
- Pleasant taste from natural lemon flavor and sorbitol.
- Helps support normal, healthy immune function.*
- Provides antioxidant support which is essential to immune function.*
- Studies show a reduction in the severity and duration of the common cold.*
- Studies also show that prophylactic (preventive) use may reduce the # of colds per year, as well as reduce antibiotic usage.*
- Slippery elm is a mucilaginous herb that provides soothing support for the mucus lining of the throat and esophagus, both of which may become irritated during a cold/infection.*
Warning: Do not exceed 4 lozenges per day or take high amounts (4 or more) for more than 10-14 days as excess zinc may cause a copper deficiency. Taking a multivitamin with copper or a copper supplement containing at least 1-2 mg/day can help reduce this risk