Garlic Premium Enteric Coated High Yield 5000 mcg Allicin w/All The Naturally Occurring Sulfur compounds (thiosulfinates and Gamma-glutamyl-cysteines)
Couldn't load pickup availability
Garlic has been used as both food and medicine in many cultures for thousands of years. With its high concentration of sulfur-containing compounds, trace minerals and enzymes, garlic has consistently demonstrated the ability to support immune function, provide antioxidant support and promote cardiovascular health. Many of the biological effects that have been attributed to garlic are thought to be related to allicin and other breakdown products. Allicin is formed when alliin, a sulfur-containing amino acid, comes into contact with the enzyme alliinase when raw garlic is chopped, crushed, or chewed. Dried garlic preparations containing alliin & alliinase must be enteric coated to be effective because stomach acid inhibits alliinase and decomposes
allicin. Studies on garlic demonstrate its role in helping to maintain optimal health and wellness.
- Our 500 mg garlic is a high potency garlic product, having an allicin yield of 5,000 mcg per tablet.
- Synergistic benefits provided by a variety of naturally occurring sulfur-containing compounds such as thiosulfinates and gamma-glutamylcysteines.
- Each tablet is enteric-coated to protect the integrity and preserve the biological activity of allicin from the damaging effects of stomach acid.
- Odor controlled
- Garlic has been shown to promote cardiovascular health via its ability to scavenge free radicals by supporting the activity of various antioxidant enzymes such as superoxide dismutase (SOD), catalase and glutathione peroxidase (due to its selenium content).*
- The active compounds in garlic have demonstrated the ability to promote a normal, healthy inflammatory response, healthy blood clotting and blood pressure as well as support of cholesterol levels already in the normal range.*
- Among the many favorable actions of garlic, the support of normal, healthy cell growth and healthy immune function are two of the most significant.*