The digestion of food involves a complex system of organs, hormones, and enzymes. Many people have difficulty digesting foods, particularly as they age. The incomplete or partial digestion of foods can lead to uncomfortable side effects. Many of the indications are quite clear; intestinal gas, bloating, cramping, heartburn and diarrhea. However, some effects are not as clear, such as the poor utilization of food and even nutrient deficiencies. Superzymes is a multi-enzyme formula, containing both animal and plant derived enzymes, designed to support normal, healthy digestion of fats, proteins and carbohydrates.*
- Contains betaine HCL, a form of hydrochloric acid.
- Provides pepsin, bromelain and papain to help support protein digestion.
- Ox bile extract provides bile to help emulsify fat preparing it for digestion.
- Pancreatin pancreas extract provides various protein, carbohydrate as well as fat digesting enzymes.
- Betaine HCL – A mild form of hydrochloric acid, a component of gastric juice. Betaine HCL helps support the digestive process, particularly the beginning of protein digestion, before food moves on to the intestines. Aging and medications such as antacids reduce the production/effectiveness of HCL. A reduction in HCL may exacerbate digestive problems due to the inefficiency to digest protein and other essential nutrients. HCL is especially important for the absorption of many nutrients including calcium, folic acid, B12, and iron. Besides nutrient deficiency a reduction in HCL slows down the digestive process, resulting in food remaining in the stomach for a longer period of time, often times leading to digestive discomfort.*
- Pepsin – This is an enzyme which begins the process of protein digestion in the stomach. This proteolytic enzyme is designed to function in an environment where there is a low pH and high acid content such as the stomach.*
- Bromelain –Derived from pineapple, is a proteolytic enzyme which helps break down protein.*
- Papain – Derived from papaya provides an array of proteolytic enzymes to support protein digestion.*
- Ox bile extract – helps emulsify fat, preparing it for digestion by fat digesting enzymes (lipases).*
- Pancreatin – containing amylase (carbohydrate digestion), protease (protein digestion), and lipase (fat digestion). The combination of digestive enzymes in pancreatin has been shown to provide significant support to the digestion and absorption of essential nutrients.
You may also like
100 Billion Probiotic ( Synbiotic) SURVIVES STOMACH ACID • SHELF STABLE • 12 STRAINS
Bifidobacterium lactis Bl-04
Lactobacilli acidophilus La-14
Bifidobacterium infantis Bi-26
Lactococcus lactis Ll-23
Bifidobacterium breve Bb-03
Lactobacillus casei Lc-11
Lactobacillus rhamnosus Lr-32
Bifidobacterium longum Bl-05
Bifidobacterium bifidum Bb-06
Lactobacillus salivarius Ls-33
Lactobacillus plantarum Lp-115
Lactobacillus bulgaricus Lb-87
Product # 654: 100 Billion Probiotic
In addition to serving as a delivery system for the absorption of nutrients and the elimination of waste material, the intestinal tract also plays important roles in maintaining healthy immunity and providing resistance to pathogens. The GI tract is populated by billions of cells of beneficial bacteria (probiotics) which help us digest and absorb our food, maintain a healthy intestinal pH (acid content), protect us from pathogenic bacteria, and provide an environment conducive to the continued health of the intestinal tract.* This formula offers a very high potency of powerful probiotics that can effectively intervene in acute gastrointestinal and immune conditions and or help support long-term intestinal health.*
- 12 probiotic strains from Danisco, a world leader in probiotic research and manufacturing.
- Very high potency at 100 billion viable cells per capsule.
- Bioenhanced Acid Resistant Strains (BEARS) ensures survivability in both low
(acid) and high (alkaline) pH environments.
- The BEARS strains in this formula are designed to withstand the acid conditions present in the stomach during digestion without the need for an enteric coating.
- Danisco selects strains that have been cultivated under harsh conditions, and have developed the ability to adapt to extreme changes in the environment (“survival of the fittest”) i.e. pH, temperature.
- Probiotic strains are manufactured using a patented poly matrix preservation system, to preserve and ensure stability without the need for refrigeration.
- The prebiotic blend consists of FOS (food source for probiotics), and FiberAid®arabinogalactans (patented prebiotic from Lonza® that helps support the growth of probiotics).
- The 12 strains used in this formula have been studied for their ability to support gastrointestinal and immune health.*
- High potency formula helps to quickly reestablish healthy levels of probiotics in the GI tract.*
- Once established, a normal, healthy intestinal microflora helps to create an environment that is unfavorable for the growth of pathogenic bacteria.*
- Helps stimulate the growth of probiotics which have been diminished by the use of antibiotics.*
Produced in GMP
Save & Secure Checkout