Lepidium meyenii, commonly known as Maca, and sometimes referred to as Peruvian Ginseng, is an edible cruciferous vegetable that is Native to the high Andes mountains of Central Peru. The edible root of Maca is harvested, typically dried, then can be formed into a raw powder, and sometimes gelatinized or formed then into an extract, then encapsulated. The taste of the powdered form of Maca Root is described as Earthy and Nutty, typically added to smoothies or other foods for its benefits. Maca Root can be considered highly nutritious due to its high amount of some essential vitamins and minerals.
- Studies on Maca Root have shown to improve fertility in Men, also may help with increasing Libido in both Men and Women, therefore potentially improving sexual dysfunction.
- Potentially can have mood-enhancing benefits, especially on post-menopausal women. Studies performed on post menopausal women who consistently took Maca, showed to have improvements of reduced anxiety and depression. Maca's Flavonoid content is believed to have partial involvement in its mood benefits.
- Maca's nutrient rich profile may help boost energy levels as it has been traditionally used to boost energy levels in Peruvian Medicine
- Evidence has shown that Maca may help improve exercise endurance and performance.
You may also like
100 Billion Probiotic ( Synbiotic) SURVIVES STOMACH ACID • SHELF STABLE • 12 STRAINS
Bifidobacterium lactis Bl-04
Lactobacilli acidophilus La-14
Bifidobacterium infantis Bi-26
Lactococcus lactis Ll-23
Bifidobacterium breve Bb-03
Lactobacillus casei Lc-11
Lactobacillus rhamnosus Lr-32
Bifidobacterium longum Bl-05
Bifidobacterium bifidum Bb-06
Lactobacillus salivarius Ls-33
Lactobacillus plantarum Lp-115
Lactobacillus bulgaricus Lb-87
Product # 654: 100 Billion Probiotic
In addition to serving as a delivery system for the absorption of nutrients and the elimination of waste material, the intestinal tract also plays important roles in maintaining healthy immunity and providing resistance to pathogens. The GI tract is populated by billions of cells of beneficial bacteria (probiotics) which help us digest and absorb our food, maintain a healthy intestinal pH (acid content), protect us from pathogenic bacteria, and provide an environment conducive to the continued health of the intestinal tract.* This formula offers a very high potency of powerful probiotics that can effectively intervene in acute gastrointestinal and immune conditions and or help support long-term intestinal health.*
- 12 probiotic strains from Danisco, a world leader in probiotic research and manufacturing.
- Very high potency at 100 billion viable cells per capsule.
- Bioenhanced Acid Resistant Strains (BEARS) ensures survivability in both low
(acid) and high (alkaline) pH environments.
- The BEARS strains in this formula are designed to withstand the acid conditions present in the stomach during digestion without the need for an enteric coating.
- Danisco selects strains that have been cultivated under harsh conditions, and have developed the ability to adapt to extreme changes in the environment (“survival of the fittest”) i.e. pH, temperature.
- Probiotic strains are manufactured using a patented poly matrix preservation system, to preserve and ensure stability without the need for refrigeration.
- The prebiotic blend consists of FOS (food source for probiotics), and FiberAid®arabinogalactans (patented prebiotic from Lonza® that helps support the growth of probiotics).
- The 12 strains used in this formula have been studied for their ability to support gastrointestinal and immune health.*
- High potency formula helps to quickly reestablish healthy levels of probiotics in the GI tract.*
- Once established, a normal, healthy intestinal microflora helps to create an environment that is unfavorable for the growth of pathogenic bacteria.*
- Helps stimulate the growth of probiotics which have been diminished by the use of antibiotics.*